Monday, April 29, 2013

Miku

Come to think of it, I've never drawn any Vocaloid fan art.  My friend Vy has made Vocaloid goods for conventions, and they are very popular.  The characters are everywhere in the anime convention, and I noticed there are tons of Miku nendoroid figure photos on instagram.

Anyways, long story short, I wanted to draw something for a friend who really likes Hatsune Miku, so I decided to give it a try: 


I was trying to keep the nendoroid / anime style (according to the reference LOL ), because I find that pretty cute :)  oh and I'm doing this in illustrator + photoshop, the same old method.

 I'm making this into a laminated keychain / strap, so he can actually use it.  I don't see the point of making it into something he can't use, that's all :-/
Gosh and speaking of first time, I've never done laminated cards (for art at least), I know almost everyone does it at the Artist Alley but I've never done it.  I heard from friends that it takes quite some time to do, because it requires lots of cutting.  Well, we will see how it turns out :)

No comments: